Wincon is a mid-size contractor based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. With a history of quality, safety, and profitability, the Company has relied on its strong leadership team and core principals. In consideration of growth and succession planning, the team is seeking for Project Manager / Estimator.
The Project Manager / Estimator’s responsibility includes estimating and managing commercial and industrial building construction projects located throughout Romania. Responsibilities include client interface and ensuring client satisfaction; developing detailed means and methods estimates; analyzing and competitively purchasing subcontractor services and material purchases; reviewing proposed designs for constructability, value-engineering, contract negotiations; creating, updating and enforcing project schedules; problem solving; coordinating project meetings; keeping project records and documents; managing project cost; managing change orders, managing submittals and other necessary project documents and physically inspecting projects to monitor progress and compliance with project standards.
- Meet with Owners and Design Professionals on a regular basis to discuss status of projects, determine client satisfaction and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns.
- Visit project work sites, clarify scope of work, and prepare cost estimates and proposals.
- Evaluate projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings.
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing scheduling software.
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve the projects objectives of price, schedule and quality.
- Negotiate contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals are being addressed.
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate their solutions.
- Conduct and document project progress meetings.
- Determine and implement the appropriate level of project control (i.e.: submittal logs, change order logs, etc.).
- Manage project costs to assure that budgets are maintained.
- Document and manage changes in the work to secure the interests of the entire project team.
- Document substantial completion; manage the project closeout process to assure timely completion.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- B.S. degree in engineering or construction management.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or industrial general contractor engaged in general building construction.
- Experience estimating and managing self performed work activities and subcontracted work.
- Proficient with computer software used in the construction industry.
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with the construction of commercial and industrial buildings.
- Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work.
- Has a working knowledge of the cost of goods and services; has a demonstrated ability to solicit, evaluate and manage the price, schedule and quality objectives of individual projects.
- Can create a visualization of the end product and knows how to get there.
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
- Understands project cost control and change order management.
Compensation and Benefits
Rewards for this position include a motivating base salary, bonus opportunities and a strong team environment.
For more information, please contact us.